Friday, July 29, 2005

A Very Very Small Fortune

University this morning consisted of a two-hour Financial Accounting lecture. Riveting. I bought my Criminal Law book and am sorry to say that it is only just smaller than my Constitutionalism book; which is huge. So much reading to do so little enthusiasm and time. And on top of that I have a shit load of reading to do in my other subjects as well. On the bright side, I was able to get the online second-hand book website to accept my 'post' (after a lot of trouble and failed attempts). So someone called today in regards to the book I had posted that was for sale. Yay, $65 in the kitty. Hardly. I had to borrow money to pay for this semester's books and will be using the majority of my newly found fortune (:P) to pay back the loan. Tis not fair you know. This year I'm getting barely any money from Centrelink hardly enough to cover rent, let alone anything else. Fortunately I got a scholarship though. But a substantial portion of that money is just going to my mother to pay her back for my car and my boyfriend who I loaned money from for my university books.

And I'll tell you what is really annoying. My scholarship money I am suppose to receive at the start of the semester. But the government and university's definition of this is the start of September. I mean, seriously. How do they expect us to have the financial resources to pay for our textbooks and other fees. The reason why we get the scholarship is because we don't have strong financial resources, yet they make us suffer for so long. I suppose it is because they have to wait to see if we drop out of university or something like that. But still. By know you are probably pitying me and my lack of money. You should. :) It's all cool though, (although I would like more money and I only have enough to cover basic necessities), because with my job I am getting a bit extra cash without jeopardising my studies. So after my scholarship cheque comes I should have my debts greatly decreased, and enough money to buy some clothes. And possibly a digital camera. Okay, I won't get carried away. I should save my money.

So, I'm planning to go shopping tonight and buy a top to wear to a club on Saturday night (Notice the contradiction with what I said about saving... :D). But I really need a top to wear when I go out; as rare an occasion that may be. So I'm going to the club tomorrow night because my boyfriend's sister's boyfriend (you catch that?) is having a fashion parade showing the latest clothes he has for sale in his shop. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be something to do and I can see what I want to buy at a discounted rate ;) Anyway, I'll write about the details and success of the night tomorrow or Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home