Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Petrol Prices

On my way to work this morning I was contemplating refilling my car with petrol. Yesterday the price of fuel was at 108.9 cents but today it had jumped 10 cents to 118.9. Ever since a radio announcement a month or so ago that stated that the price of fuel was expected to increase in the future, the price has indeed stayed at or above the 108.9 mark. I reckon that all the petrol station owners heard about this and hiked their prices up earlier. If the radio announcement hadn't have come on, prices would still be around 105.9. That's what I think anyway.

I must say, I have progressed significantly in my expedition to finish CSI: Miami, not that I have finished it but have indeed gotten a lot further. And I will be writing a review for it when I have finished. But at the moment I have been taking screenshots of the game so that I can add them to the review.

Also, last night I was attempting to enrol in my tutorial for Introduction to Quantitative Analysis over the internet, but it said all the allocations had been filled. I mean, seriously, the whole point of this subject revolves around maths and the stupid (I use this term loosely; they are probably smart in the sense that they know the subject material) lecturers can't even count how many positions they will need to allow all students to participate in a tutorial. It is seriously ridiculous and not very encouraging to think that the lecturers have difficulty counting and using the information about the number of students in a logical way. They should be utterly embarrassed. And even though the following isn't the point, I wasn't even late in enrolling for a tutorial, I tried to enrol eight hours after it came online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home