Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Healesville

Sorry it's taken so long for me to post another entry, but I was waiting for my film to get developed so I could include some photos from my recent trip to Healesville.

It was Tuesday the 27th of September when my boyfriend and I set out to Healesville. We arrived at
Badger Creek Caravan Park at 2pm, got the keys to our cabin and moved in. Well sort of anyway. I was not too happy with the room and went to the reception to book a different cabin for Wednesday and Thursday night. The new cabin was very good, all new and white.

So after we had unpacked we travelled to Marysville, where after stopping at the bakery we made our way to Bruno's Sculpture Garden. It was really good to look at the 'creations' Bruno had made. Here are some photos of some of my favourite sculptures.


I didn't actually take this next photo, but this is my very favourite sculpture at Bruno's.

After Bruno's we went to Steavensons Falls which is a 84 metre high waterfall. The photos I took didn't turn out very well and did an injustice to the actual size of the waterfall, so I have added a picture of it from the web.

On Wednesday the 28th of September we went to Hedgend Maze. The entry fee for the place included the mazes, mini-golf, frisbee golf and various other games. We did the maze in record time...well we only did it once, so it was our record anyway, then failed doing the hardest section of the rainbow maze. Although we could have actually solved it if I had patience. We tried our hand at the 18-hole mini-golf course which I won. It than started to drizzle, so we went inside and tried to solve a puzzle. One of the many 'puzzle' games that were available. When the rain had stopped we had a go at frisbee golf. Of the 18-holes we did about 9 before we were exhausted from all the running around after our rebel frisbees.

The next day we went to Silvan to go to the
Tesselaar Tulip Festival. Tulips are my favourite flower so naturally it was on my list of things to do. There were so many tulips! I got myself some Dutch Poffertjes with jam and cream. I also ended up buying a pot of tulips. It was suppose to contain 3 but it surprised me when a forth tulip started to appear. Unfortunately, I have not finished the film with the photo of my tulips on it, so until I do you will have to make do without the pictures. In the mean time, here's a photo of a tulip for those of you who don't know what they look like.

After the Tulip Festival we made our way up Mt Dandenong to SkyHigh. It is a lookout up the top of the mountain that has the best view of Victoria, well that is it would have been the best view if it hadn't looked so dull and dreary around the city.

On Friday we packed up our cabin and set off for Healesville Sanctuary at 10:00am. Whilst there I saw this little wombat, just 7-8 months old (I can't remember which), it was so cute and it fell over. Aw. Cute, I know. After seeing the many other animals at the park we went back to Melbourne where we were destined to start back at uni.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home