Sunday, September 04, 2005

Rosebud


I got back from Rosebud today after making a spur of the moment (one day in advance) decision to go there for two nights with David. I used to always go there when I was younger, and as such, wanted to go back. We stayed at the
Copper Lantern Motel which was an average rated motel, with the main turn-off for me being the outdated bathroom. On Friday night we went to the Rosebud Cinema and saw Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory which was so good. Johnny Depp is such a good actor; he plays psychotic chocolate makers really well.

On Saturday we went to Sorrento with a mission. That was to stop at the shops to grab some fish 'n' chips and then head to the Sorrento Back Beach to eat them. However, this did not go to plan because the chips there were at very inflated prices. So we went back and forth, up and down the coast in search for chips. It took a while, but in the end it was worth it, they were perfect. Just the right amount of potato and crisp and a cheaper price. So with our newly acquired perfecto chips we went to the Back Beach. This was the beach I used to always go to when I went down to Rosebud on my holidays. After eating the chips and various food items on my picnic rug on the beach, we started to ascend the "mountain" all the way to the lookout, and then back down again; but not before David left evidence of his being there for all the future travellers to get confused at (Quoth '08). We then ventured out to the rock pool where I used to swim. We took it a bit further by climbing all around the place on very precarious looking rocks, or so I thought. Here's a photo I took of the area many years ago.


Saturday night we walked to the beach near the motel and gazed upon the nothingness. Then had tea at
La Porchetta. I ordered and ate a small Aussie pizza with salami. It was very nice :)

On Sunday we checked out of the motel at 9:30am and headed to Ashcombe Maze, the oldest maze in Australia. It was so beautiful there. We completed all three mazes in record time (Our record at least [we only did them once each so I don't know if that is sayinig much]), and wandered the gardens taking the occassional snack break as a reward. After spending two hours there we headed back home.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home