Thursday, August 11, 2005

Finally a Blood Donor

Last night I was informed that I didn't have to work today. Which is really annoying considering I was counting on doing my homework whilst being bored at work. Alas, today has come and gone and I didn't do one bit of homework. However, on the spur of the moment I decided to try my luck once again at the blood bank. And hurrah, I actually was able to donate blood this time. Let me tell you a little about my donation session.

Well all was going fine to start off with. The needle went in and blood come out as it is suppose to. However, the lady told me to start squeezing this little ball because my blood was coming out too slowly. So away I went squeezing, and then it became like a race for me. For some stupid reason I was trying to catch up to a girl who had gone in a bit earlier than me. They use this computer thingy that records how much blood is in the bag. And I just had to get at least equal with her. Silly me. This was only for the last sprint however, but when the needle was taken out the shook hit me. I felt so sick, and hot, and like I was going to throw up. So I ended up having to stay lying down on the chair for an extra 20 or so minutes. It was ok though, the guy that took the needle out of my arm saw I was feeling ill and started to fan me with this wicker fan. I was so spoilt. :P

Anyway, I got back home, well rather to my boyfriends house and all was going fine until I decided to take the bandage off my arm. Silly silly me. I forgot about it for a while, then after moving my arm a little to much I felt a sharp pain; like the hole in my vein had popped open again. Not good. So my arm hurts again, though the pain is wearing away. But I still feel light-headed. Hopefully all is better in the morning. Damn, I just reminded myself I have to work tomorrow. Good one me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home