Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Recently Read, Orchestra, and Fence Building

I've started back at university and found myself inundated with textbooks that I have to read for law and finance, and this unfortunately means that I will have to cut back the amount of novels I read. Below is a list of the books I've read so far this month:

  • 04/02/08 The Science of Discworld III by Terry Pratchett
  • 05/02/08 King Lear (Audio Book) by William Shakespeare
  • 04/02/08 The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian by Clive Staples Lewis
  • 11/02/08 The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer
  • 16/02/08 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by Clive Staples Lewis
  • 16/02/08 Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express (Audio Book) by the BBC Radio Collection
  • 18/02/08 Agatha Christie: Taken at the Flood (Audio Book) by the BBC Radio Collection
  • 19/02/08 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair by Clive Staples Lewis
  • 21/02/08 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle By Clive Staples Lewis
  • 25/02/08 Under Milk Wood (Audio Book) by Dylan Thomas
  • 26/02/08 Stardust by Neil Gaiman
In other news, orchestra rehearsals have started up again and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Though, I am starting to realise that I'll have to put in some hours of practice to be able to play In the Hall of the Mountain King (which is a fantastic song, but ridiculous to try to play).

Also, I spent the bulk of Sunday building a fence around my vegetable garden to stop those rascally rabbits from eating all my seedlings. After erecting the fence I was able to plant brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and catnip seedlings with confidence that they wouldn't be gone the next morning.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 pm, Blogger Quoth said...

What did you think of Stardust? What was the premise?

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Eustacia Melos said...

The book was great, although I thought it would use a higher standard of English. That is, it seems like it was written more for children than for adults who wanted to read fantasy. The story was entertaining, though the ending was somewhat blunt. I am yet to watch the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home