Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Back at Uni

I started back at university yesterday. I occupied my Monday morning by going to work and learning how to use the computer system so as to be able to change prices and print off tickets. Work was followed by my first lecture in Corporate Finance. This went quiet well, however, I had forgotten how mind-numbingly boring it can be sitting in a lecture theatre for two hours. It reminded me of work and the continous need to look at my watch. Then, with enthusiasm, I purchased three of the five text books I needed for all my subjects. I'll leave the other two until I can purchase them second-hand at the book stall sale since they were the only two that were actually used last year (the others being 2007 editions). At first I was a bit worried that I might get behind in my readings if I didn't buy the books straight away. But it is quite fortunate that I have a friend who is still in possession of a functional RMIT University card and therefore was able to borrow the remaining two books from the RMIT library for one and two weeks.

Today I slept in and was awakened by my dad calling me on the phone. It's so good to hear from him. I miss QLD and my dad and sister already. He's planning on going to the beach on the weekend because when I was there and we all went, he felt that the salt water really helped his crippled and pained feet. Poor daddy and his shattered bones :( He just never learns. Always getting into mischief and falling off things. Tsk tsk. Anyway, he couldn't afford to fly me up to go to the beach with him. I guess it may have been asking too much :)

I headed to uni after that and spent two hours in a Torts lecture. It was actually informative and the time didn't drag by so much because I was busy scribbling notes down like a good little school girl.

I have to work tomorrow morning, and will hopefully start reading all about corporate finance and torts. My progress my however be delayed by my obsession with Going Postal. Either way, reading will be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home